Having been updating the past few days because I’ve been kinda tied up with my school work as well as getting enough sleep… funny how it seems like I require more sleep here in Munich… perhaps its due to the nice cool weather in the night? Haha either way, I always enjoy the nights’ rest, even though I’ve got to always tell myself that I’ve to wake up early the next day to finish up my work! =D actually the latter seldom happens…
Well been doing quite a bit of stuff the past few days, visiting a few famous architectural sights around the town, attending classes and even going for an Ice-hockey match! I must admit that the student life here is indeed different and quite an experience. Although I still find it tough to speak and listen and even understand in German, things aren’t really as bad as it seems. There is of course quite a bit of work to do, but being here in Munich, I’ve sort of decided that I will learn as much as I can from the course, but at the same time learn about the life and culture here in this land too. Don’t wish too be too caught up with the grades and forget the reason why I’m doing this exchange sem here!
Just a simple thought that crossed my mind… I come to realize how fortunate and important it is for us to have learnt English as our first language and Chinese as our mother tongue. I guess many of you have heard this before, but to experience it myself is another thing. These 2 languages are about the most commonly used language used internationally… for 2 simple reasons, English is easy to learn and pick up (it does not have complex grammar structure like the other European Languages and you are able to express yourself still with simple words and verbs). Secondly, almost 1/8 or more of the world’s population lives in China and speaks Chinese… not including those living elsewhere in the world, hence it would make Chinese one of the most frequently spoken language in comparison with the others. Haha okay u may say what about India? Well guess what, there are as many as 200 different languages in India… wow, but believe it! So enough of my 2 cents worth of ideas, I’m just really thankful that I have been taught both these languages since young… Though I can’t really boast about my Chinese yet… My only regret perhaps is that I never took my language lessons seriously when I was a student… well now I can feel the re-percussions…
Hmmm okay enough said, I shall leave you guys with some pictures I took during the past few days as well as some more additional interesting pictures that I want to share with you guys… enjoy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home