A simple story

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It is already the holidays for many of my NUS friends, except those few that are taking the summer semester… well it is also somewhat the same here, the Germans celebrate what is called the Pfingsten Holiday and naturally we students are excused from school as well… =D I took this opportunity to take a good break and to do some traveling on my own as well. I then joined the SSAG in their AGM at Uelzen, located close by to Hannover for the first few days. We traveled there by a rented Mercedes (CLK 230) and now I must confess that driving that car with 5 people in it on the Autobahn (highway) at 200 kmh was really something (yup and driving on the autobahn is something you have to do too when you come to Germany)! The car was perfectly stable at such high speeds and it seemed almost effortless to control it… haha it is now my dream car =D

School is starting from today onwards, but I decided not to attend lessons and continue with my break… next I’ll be traveling to Köln and then after to Berlin… yup so perhaps you won’t hear from me the next few days too…

6 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo bro,

When in BERLIN, check out the new memorial built for the Jews, built near the Fuehrerbunker. It's massive.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger C S said...

Hello. I just visited Dresden and Leipzig yesterday, and Erfurt today. I strongly recommend Dresden. The buildings in Dresden (which were destroyed in WW2 and restored again) are damn impressive. However some of the places in Dresden are quite chaotic, due to lots of construction sites.

Anyway I'm now in Ilmenau (in Germany's Thuringia state). You can check out my blog (autumncs.blogspot.com) when you have time. I haven't uploaded any of my photos yet. I will do so when I have the time.

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man!
wassup. been some time since i read your blog too. heard from mj you guys went to berlin? how was it? told me it was really fun and she bought some remnants of the wall. i have a feeling its all a scam to make money.

anyway great to see all the photos youve put up. they are really nice. if you should give up practising architecture( since u cant make decisions) u can be a professional photographer. heh.

anyway things here are fine. im enjoying the holidays. determined to make every day count. Somehow i nv felt to energetic in my life. i guess we are really at the prime of our years. enjoy life while we can! haha.

alrightey. u take care man. tchues!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger ming said...

fin, hey thanks for the advice... =D yup i did check it out and it was really cool, not just the exterior, but the exhibits inside too... shall post the pics i took in berlin soon!

charles, yo! hows it been? hey if you have the time and opportunity do drop by Munich and pay me a visit. i promise you free lodging and maybe perhaps cook for you as well... haha that is if you trust my cooking skills. =D yup anyhow do keep in contact okay. Mein Handy nummer ist : +4917625355546

julius, hey so good to hear from you too... yup i met mj there on saturday and we went for the 'free' tour. it was really good. enjoyed Berlin so much, unfortunately i had to leave on saturday then... wished i could have stayed longer tho'

anyway hows the semester going? hope its not too busy for ya'. =D yup i'm also trying to do the same here too! time really flies...

okay u guys take care! drop me a msg anytime!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger C S said...

Hallo Ming! I will be going to Munich on 1st June and I may be staying for one night. I sent an email to you (but I mention here again, just in case)... Are you kind enough to accomodate me? Haha...

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger ming said...

Charles, hey i replied to your mail already... i won't be in munich during that period of time, but u could always use my room for the night... no problem! let me know what you think... =D cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home