A simple story

Saturday, May 28, 2005

The next destination that I went to was köln(Cologne). Initially I was supposed to meet a friend there, but in the end she couldn’t make it and I had already purchased my ticket there, so I didn’t exactly have a choice... Fortunately or unfortunately I managed to arrange to meet another friend there, but that didn’t really turn out too. Also adding to the current list of mishaps, I had some problem with my transport to Berlin… haha so u might say my stay in köln was alittle depressing. But don’t get me wrong, the city isn’t boring or anything like that. Perhaps it was good that I was by myself because I had the chance to travel around and explore the city with much freedom…

Köln is one of the many cities located along the river Rhine and it has I think one of the largest student population there. With such a huge population of young people, it is not surprising to find so many shopping centers which cater to the needs of the young people. =D but of course one will not be able to miss the huge Dom either… as you cross the bridge over the river Rhine, what welcomes you into the city is this magnificent image of the Dom cathedral. Also if you are in köln, they have this special drink called kölsch, which is actually a type of bier, but somewhat lighter in alcohol content. To me, it tasted like bier mixed with water… =D

Okay maybe my stay there wasn’t that sad, because on the next day, the other friend I was supposed to meet called me in the morning and we met later that same morning. I then managed to book my flight to Berlin at her place and she kindly showed me around the town even though she just returned from a tiring bike trip. Yup and I even bought a bottle of cologne from Cologne… haha cool yeah? *grins*

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo bro, any more gay fest dere? or half-naked lady walking down the street like last yr? haha.. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home