Well i suppose there are times in life when you stop to pause and think... there isn't really much reason for me to post this, but i suppose it would be nice to share with u all what i think about sometimes... haha okay read on if you're not already bored. =D
Just a passing thought…
Sometimes I think architecture isn’t something I was made for; perhaps I’m taking the wrong course of study? Over the course of time spent studying architecture, I realize that architects are people who manage and make decisions all the time… when it comes to a problem, there may be many ways of solving it, but what an architect does is simply to make a decision with the most suitable solution… well the problem arises here… actually I’m the sort of person, if you all know me, the kind that of guy that doesn’t really make much of a decision. Can’t really explain why, but that’s just me... hence reflecting on myself as I’m studying here, I understand why sometimes I find it so tough to be studying architecture… however that does not mean that I do not like this subject at all! No… on the contrary, I think architecture is a really wonderful subject to pursue… it deals a lot with life, also on quite a practical level. This is what I like about it. Life is never boring… it is interesting… studying architecture is like studying about life, it opens up your eyes to everything around you. Well I agree that there are many other subjects that do that too, for example like humanities esp philosophy. But architecture takes a further step. It first studies and understands life’s issue and then makes an attempt to solve life’s problems or even utilize what is learnt from life and apply it into designing buildings. I could safely say that would be the main difference between civil engineers and us… don’t mistake me, I respect everything that the civil engineer does. In fact what they do sometimes is much more relevant and suited to designing buildings. They are the cool guys that create the awe-inspiring buildings such as the Eiffel or super-futuristic buildings. Okay back to my thread of thought… I don’t think it’s a matter of finding the solution to my question, but simply a self realization. Like I said, its after all, just a passing thought… *laughs*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home