The weather went crazy all the sudden yesterday and since it has been so cold… brrr..r.r… seems like my only source of protection is the thick Jacket I brought along with me. Hee but even then, the weather is still chilly… and I thought it would it a lovely warm spring =D
Anyhow I didn’t do anything except to meet up with Sebastian whom I met in NUS while he was an exchange student in Architecture from TUM last sem. We toured the school compound and later had dinner with another of his friend (Andrew whom he knew from China) at the Hofbrauhaus… yes, a must for all tourist to be! Sort of like a typical Bavarian beer drinking place…
I’m not sure exactly how to describe, but the place was really noisy, with everyone drinking and chatting and even singing! Haha perhaps just imagine an Oktoberfest but in april. =D we had a fun time tasting the typical Bavarian food and meeting new friends. Gosh what an evening! Hee
Well the Germans are really nice people, once you get to know them… of course there are those exceptional cases, but most of them are relatively straight forward and friendly. Sebastian gave me this advice which I think was really good… “don’t be afraid to approach people and ask, most of them will be more than willing to help, even if you meet someone who doesn’t care at all, he’s the stupid one, not you.” =D
Knowing myself as a typically shy and conservative type of person, I find it really useful as I am now in a foreign land, having to be independent is quite a challenge… hee takes a little of stepping out of the comfort zone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home