A simple story

Sunday, April 24, 2005

With the weather oscillating between sunny and rainy, I realize so does one’s mood. Haha so when it’s sunny, you can’t help feeling cheerful because of the bright warm sun and when it’s rainy, you just feel bored and dull, not to mention cold too. But thankfully it is the weekend, which means no school and I try not to do any school work during then hee.

This time I ‘popped’ over to Konstanz for a single day to check out the place as well as meet Yiting (another NUS exchange student studying there). Decided that I should maximize the single day ticket, so I took the earliest possible train there at 5:45am (when the sky was still dark and cold) which meant I had to wake up at 4:45am! Haha but it was not too bad, because the train ride was 4½hours long and I could sleep alittle between the stations.

Well konstanz is a beautiful little city just across the border of Switzerland… you could literally walk across their border! =D yup but I found the place to be rather interesting and modern as well. Perhaps it is due to its large tourist crowd. Or perhaps being close to Switzerland, the culture and people are slightly more cosmopolitan. Whatever the case, the city has a fair share of modern architecture and old town layout, which makes it an interesting place to explore… well if perhaps you’re trying to think of a place to visit during the holidays, let me recommend this place to you!

Okay guess most of my NUS friends are studying hard for their exams, so shan’t take up too much of your time… Study hard and all the best for the coming exams!

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger yiting said...

Gee i am glad u like Konstanz. I actually felt bad that u spent 41/2 hrs on the train only to arrive seeing the terrible weather. Not that i can control the weather but Konstanz is much more beautiful when it is not raining. I hope Spring end early. And have fun in Munich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home