A simple story

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Yeap so for the past few days I’ve been running around doing all my application stuff as well as registration to the various departments. Haha you can’t imagine how much things you got to do here in Germany when you’re on exchange! Still, it has always been a fun time going around and exploring the city…

Oh I didn’t mention yar… there were a couple of other NUS students here in München who picked me up at the Hauptbahnhof (Main train Station) when I arrived here and since then they have been helping me out a lot with most of the admin stuff here… Yeah so thankful for them, I’ve would been so lost without any help for them at all! Hee so credit goes to them taking care of me too!

Ohh I also had the chance to visit the famous Olympia stadium on one of the evenings… the place is really cool… hard to imagine it was built during the early 1970s or 80s for the Olympic Games… it still looks so “modern” and “captivating”. Went there with 2 of the other NUS people, Mayang (who is doing her Industrial Attachment here) and Meijie (doing her exchange at the Ludwig Maximilians Uni) and we climbed up to the Olympiaberg (564m) for a clear view of the city and the stadium! Guess you’ll see more when I post the pictures online heehee… =D

Yeah today I just had some thai food at the Fünfhöfe Shopping Arcade… haha as you can tell I’m already missing the home local food already =D. Yup wonder how the rest is doing back home… hope you guys are all enjoying yourselves even in the midst of preparation for the exams… take care ya!

P.S. for my archi friends, I shall post up photos of the fünfhöfe (designed by H&deM) soon too…

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Greenlamb said...

I'm in Awe. And you said that they built it in 1970-1980s?? Jaw dropping. Hey how didja get to know the NUS students there ? Anyone to meet us when we go there? :P too bad you'll be gone by that time... :(

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger ming said...

yeah.. amazing hor. hee no lah don't worry because i'm sure will still have NUS students here when u arrive. Think Samuel is studying at LMU next sem... yeah if not also got some singaporeans who are studying here full time... haven't had the chance to meet them yet tho' =D update you more along the way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home